Due to the enormous challenges and uncertainty brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become evident that we will not be able to proceed with our in-person camps during the month of June and possibly July. This is incredibly disappointing to us here at Highlander Summer, as we have been working hard for several months to provide our campers with an unforgettable experience, but the safety and well-being of our Highlander Summer family remains our top priority.
In response to the interest expressed by our families, Highlander Summer will be offering Virtual Enrichment Programs (VEPs) for students this summer. Our VEP’s will consist of half-day blocks of academic, STEM and technology enrichment, as well as hourly a-la-carte activities, allowing families to mix-and-match to create their own schedules. Our summer teachers and vendors and cooking up amazing programs for your children and are excited to be part of our first virtual summer experience!
Should Highlander Summer be able to open in July, we will give priority to our primary students, grade level introduction camps, and our math enrichment camps while following strict CDC and social distancing guidelines.
As of Wednesday, May 27th, at 12:00 p.m. the following Virtual Enrichment Programs (VEPs) are available for registration:
Upper School: Credit, non-Credit courses, and VEPs
Middle School: Credit, non-credit, and June and July VEPs
Lower School: June only VEPs (Once we have evaluated the possibility of opening in-person camps for July, we will then post all VEPs and approved in-person camps for registration.)
For cancelled camps and programs, we will be providing full credits/refunds of all camp tuition, Extended Care, and lunch fees. Because of the large number of refunds that we will be processing, we are asking that you please allow four weeks for these refunds to be processed. However, if you choose to register your child for a Virtual Enrichment Program, we will transfer the original summer credit (and any existing academy credit) towards the new balance and then issue a summer and/or academy refund if there are funds remaining. If any Highlander Summer 202 program is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, LHPS will refund 100% of the summer registration and course fees.
We apologize in advance for any hardships resulting from the change in our camp schedule. Please know that this safety-based decision was one that we hoped we would be able to avoid, but we are confident that this is the right approach for the health of our camp participants and the safety of the greater Orlando community as a whole.