Varsity Wrestling Boys
The Lake Highland Preparatory School wrestling program is consistently one of the strongest in the state of Florida, year after year. The coaching staff takes pride in getting every piece of talent out of each and every individual wrestler. Whether a seasoned wrestler vying for an individual State Championship or a newcomer who has never competed we welcome you to the program.
The Lake Highland Preparatory School wrestling program is nationally ranked, recognized as one of the strongest development programs in the nation, and competes on a national schedule. We have achieved the highest levels of success at both the individual and team levels in our program. Highlander wrestlers are six-time Florida State Champions and regularly named on National Top 10 lists.
Recent accolades include:
- 2011 - Finished 3rd in the State
- 2012 - Won 1st State Title
- 2013 - Won 2nd State Title
- 2014 - Placed 2nd at State Tournament
- 2015 - Won 3rd State Title and recognized on the “Fab 50” national ranking list
- 2016 - Won 4th State Title and finished in the Top 10 in all major National polls
- 2017 - Won 5th State Title and finished 4th in all major National polls
- 2018 - Won Inaugural Dual State Championship, won 6th State Title and was ranked #7 in the Nation. Set National record for most points scored in a State Tournament (333).
- 2019 - Won 2nd Dual State Championship, 7th State Title and finished 4th in all major National polls.
Weng Family Gymnasium
A 1,100-seat multi-purpose facility, the Weng Family Gymnasium is home to the Highlander boys and girls Volleyball teams, boys and girls Basketball teams, and Wrestling team. The Weng Family Gymnasium also features boys and girls locker rooms, a 3,750-square-foot Strength & Conditioning weight room, the Gina Martin Training Room, Athletic Administration offices, and Physical Education offices. In 2019, two new scoreboards and one new video board were added to provide an exciting player and spectator experience.
Highlander Strength & Conditioning Facility
Located inside Weng Family Gymnasium, our 3,700-square-foot Strength & Conditioning Facility at Lake Highland is second to none. Equipped with seven platforms for Olympic style lifts, three squat rack platforms, free weights, assisted lift machines, a total body jungle, and a designated area for cardio machines, our Strength & Conditioning Facility is open weekdays from 6:30am - 6pm for student-athletes with coach supervision. Athletes, Highlander parents, and LHP employees can focus on their physical fitness here.