Varsity Basketball Girls
The Highlander girls basketball program is built on a foundation of hard work, discipline, and sportsmanship. It produces outstanding collegiate athletes who play in D1-D3 schools throughout the country. Whether mentoring an All-State senior preparing for collegiate athletics or a first-time freshmen athlete, our coaching staff is dedicated to developing players of all skill levels.
Having reached Nike-Elite status, Lake Highland’s girls basketball program is one of the best programs in the country. Since 2014, the program has accomplished:
- 4 State Championships (2015, 2016, 2020 and 2021)
- 2015-16 Orlando Sentinel Girls Team of the Year
- 8 District Championships
- 1 McDonald’s All-American
- 1 Jordan Brand All-American
- 3 Naismith Player of the Year Finalists
- 8 All-State Players
- 4 Central Florida Players of the Year
- Numerous All Central Florida players
- MaxPreps Florida Girls Player of the Year
- 2015, 2016, 2020 and 2021 Florida Dairy Farmers 4A Girls Coach of the Year
- 2015-16 and 2019-2020 Orlando Sentinel Varsity Sports Girls Sports Coach of the Year
- 2 Lake Highland Prep Excellence in Coaching Coach of the Year Awards
- Named Top 100 Most Influential People in Women's College Basketball in 2020
- 2019 Crescom Bank Holiday Invitational Champions
- 2020 and 2021 Geico Nationals Invite
- Naismith Coach of the Year Award Winner
Weng Family Gymnasium
An 1,100-seat multi-purpose facility, the Weng Family Gymnasium is home to the Highlander Boys and Girls Volleyball teams, Boys and Girls Basketball teams, and Wrestling Team. The Weng Family Gymnasium also features boys and girls locker rooms, a 3,700-square-foot Strength & Conditioning Facility, the Gina Martin Training Room, Athletic Administration Offices and Physical Education Offices. In 2019, two new scoreboards and one new video board were added to provide an exciting player and spectator experience.
Highlander Strength & Conditioning Facility
Located inside Weng Family Gymnasium, our 3,700-square-foot Strength & Conditioning Facility at Lake Highland is second to none. Equipped with seven platforms for Olympic style lifts, three squat rack platforms, free weights, assisted lift machines, a total body jungle, and a designated area for cardio machines, our Strength & Conditioning Facility is open weekdays from 6:30am - 6pm for student-athletes with coach supervision. Athletes, Highlander parents, and LHP employees can focus on their physical fitness here.