The Athletic Training staff at Lake Highland Preparatory School has developed a sports medicine program to provide quality health care to all student athletes. Athletic trainers are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to optimize patient and client activity and participation in athletics, work and life. The practice of Athletic Training encompasses:
- Injury and illness prevention strategies
- Examination and diagnosis of neuromusculoskeletal conditions and certain medical conditions
- Treatment and rehabilitation of emergent, acute, subacute, and chronic neuromusculoskeletal conditions
As part of a complete health care team, the Athletic Training staff works under the direction of a licensed physician and in cooperation with other health care professionals. As health care providers, the Athletic Training staff is educated and qualified to:
- Determine an athlete’s readiness to participate in sports
- Promote safe and appropriate practices and competitions
- Provide on-site recognition, evaluation, and immediate treatment of injuries and illnesses
- Facilitate rehabilitation and reconditioning after injury
Athletic Training Facilities
(open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.)
Gina Martin Training Room
Named for a beloved LHP athletic trainer who passed away in 2009, the Gina Martin Training Room is home to our three full-time athletic trainers. Located inside Weng Family Gymnasium, this 1,400-square-foot facility provides our student-athletes with onsite injury prevention, rehabilitation, and care. The Gina Martin Training Room is equipped with an electronic injury management sign-in system, cold tub, two E-Stim machines, a therapeutic ultrasound machine, Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization tools, cupping tools, and Norma Tech equipment for upper and lower extremities.
Meffe Athletic Training Room
A satellite facility located inside of the Meffe Family Field House and adjacent to the CNL Stadium, the Meffe Athletic Training Room provides on-site care during all football, soccer, lacrosse, and track & field practices and competitions. The Meffe Athletic Training Room is equipped with a cold whirlpool, Ultrasound/Electronic Stimulation Machine, hydrocollator heat packs, two treatment tables and two taping tables.
We invite alumni and other college students looking for clinical observation hours to inquire about how to obtain those hours serving LHP. Please contact Scott Schenker at email@example.com, 407-206-1900 x1218, to learn more.