The deadline for receiving need-based financial aid applications through the ISM FAST portal was April 15, 2021. Prior to applying for need-based aid for SY 21-22, please contact the Director of Enrollment Management, Lori Moore, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability of financial aid funds.
A priority for Lake Highland Preparatory School is to provide socioeconomic diversity within our school. We recognize the educational value for all students when the student body represents a diversity of backgrounds, talents, and interests.
Need-based Financial Aid
Lake Highland offers need-based financial aid to qualified families with students in grades 6-12. Financial aid must be applied for and evaluated annually. The application process for financial aid is self-managed and allows families to track each step from start to finish. LHP does not offer academic, athletic, or other merit-based scholarships. Additionally, Lake Highland limits the awarding of financial aid to two children per family at a time. International students are not eligible for financial aid.
Assessing Financial Need
To objectively determine each family’s need for aid, we use Independent School Management’s program, Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST). FAST provides the school with a detailed analysis including a family’s expected financial contribution to tuition. FAST does not determine whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; FAST provides a confidential, need-based financial aid analysis service.
In order to receive financial aid, candidates must:
- Be accepted to and enrolled at Lake Highland Preparatory School
- Have a solid academic record and remain in good academic standing
- Have strong character and integrity
- Be involved in activities outside the classroom
- Be current with financial obligations to Lake Highland
Candidates who fail to provide the required information, do not follow the guidelines, or miss deadlines may not be considered by the Financial Aid Committee.
Please contact Lori Moore, Director of Enrollment Management, at (407) 206-1900 x3328 or email@example.com, with any questions regarding financial aid.
Lake Highland awards financial aid to students without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- Does a request for financial aid affect the admission decision?
- How are financial aid awards determined?
- May financial aid decisions be appealed?
- Is there a limit to the number of children in a family receiving financial aid?
- Only one parent works outside the home. Must both parents be employed to receive financial aid?
- Is financial aid available to mid-year starts?
- Is financial aid available to international students?
- If parents are divorced or separated, do you require both parents to complete the FAST financial aid process?
- Is financial aid automatically renewed each year?
- Does LHPS accept the McKay, Step-Up, or other federal scholarships?
- Does LHPS offer any other forms of financial assistance (i.e. merit-, academic-, or athletic-based scholarships?