Facilities Services Manager / Property Manager
This position is responsible for the maintenance, equipment and cleaning needs of all school owned and leased properties, ensuring they meet appropriate health and safety standards. He or she will be responsible for ensuring all facilities are clean and available for maximum use. This position will oversee both in-house maintenance and cleaning staff as well as third-party vendors.
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
This position is available on January 6, 2020.
- Oversee the in-house cleaning staff and outsourced cleaning functions
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is appropriately scheduled and completed using scheduling software
- Ensure that set-ups for the school’s activities are timely and accurately completed
- Oversee the school’s capital replacement needs using planning software
- Work with outside vendors and architects for construction projects
- Ensure environmental compliance
- Oversee all building functions including HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures
- Manage all facility vendor contracts
- Ensure buildings are energy efficient
- Maintain grounds except for those maintained by Athletics
Candidates should have at least 3 years of management of school facilities or an undergraduate engineering degree. An ability to manage people and to interact successfully with a wide variety of professionals, parents and workers is essential. The candidate should be highly organized, a self-starter and able to see projects through to their completion. A wide variety of knowledge of trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical) and general construction is a must. Knowledge of cleaning protocols is preferred. Ability to speak both English and Spanish is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter indicating how you would succeed in this position, a current resume, and three professional references with at least one immediate supervisor (preferably current). The application deadline is November 15, 2019. All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Facilities Manager“ in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.