We presently have a Facilities Events Scheduler/Office Supervisor position open: This position reports to the Assistant Facilities Manager. The position will be a full-time, exempt position, benefit eligible. The position will work the following schedule: M-F, 8a.m.-4p.m.
This position is responsible for all Facilities event scheduling, summer activities scheduling, storage inventory, and office administrative activities. This also includes the supervision of the office assistant and in-house event workers.
This position will work with various event sponsors to make sure all aspects of the Facilities requirements are coordinated for their needs. This position also performs administrative tasks while applying various office skills in a way that will enhance and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the office, teachers, parents and staff.
This position is responsible for all School Dude impute of the utilities data.
This position is also the point of contact and administrator for any changes to the facilities scheduling, work orders, and preventative maintenance systems with School Dude software systems.
This position will set up all facilities employees schedules in the scheduling software of our choosing.
This position must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position will require the employee to attend any large events that are sponsored by the school. This will insure we have a live contact person during these events.
This position will be required to work the Winter and Spring breaks like the other employees in the Facilities and Security departments.
This position does not have the authorization to give written warnings to any facilities employees or have the authority to hire or terminate any employee without the permission and approval of the Facilities/Property Manager.
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Supervises all responsibilities of the Office Assistant and the event workers.
- Manages facility scheduling, approving and scheduling facility use and set-up requirements with employees, vendors, contractors, parents and various outside groups.
- This position develops all facilities techs and porter schedules in the scheduling software of our choosing.
- This position oversees and manages all storage inventory items including inventory locations and moves.
- Implements and/or oversees all training on school dude products and also the data entry for School Dude Energy Manager, FS Direct and PM direct as needed.
- Creates and reviews all requests for events/activities.
- Documents issues with events so it can be discussed to see how the department can enhance productivity and effectiveness with event set ups.
- Works, as needed, with the Assistant Facilities Manager to ensure all needs are covered for the upcoming event set up needs.
- This position will manage the Microsoft Access software in order to facilitate and process rental applications when individuals or groups are requesting the usage of the school’s facilities. This position will also generate invoices from these events.
- Has post meeting debriefs with those involved in large events to see if improvements can be made for the next event and reports any updates to the Assistant Facilities Manager.
- Assists Facilities Services / Property Managers as needed
- Manages and completes special projects as assigned.
- Will supervise the department timekeeping on a scheduling software program and will review requests for time off.
- Make sure all time sheets are complete and time is recorded correctly for Assistant Manager or Manager’s signature.
- Prepare correspondence, Power Point presentations, forms, operating procedures, etc. using Microsoft Office Suite products for Manager’s signature. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Oversees and maintains/enforces current information such as liability and workers comp insurance documents for contractors/vendors.
- Oversees office files and will supervise organization documents, records and reports.
- Must reply and respond to emails within 24 business hours in order to keep communication open and current.
- May be required to climb steps, and/or to walk to various locations.
- May be required to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- May be required to work extra hours, weekends and holidays upon manager’s request.
- Must be able to lift 40 lb
The minimum requirements for this position are either a Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of 4-years of experience working as an event scheduler/coordinator with a company who schedules an average of approximately 8 events per day. (Some could be large and some could be smaller in nature). Preference for candidates with previous experience working in a school environment and/or with the SchoolDude or similar scheduling software.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter indicating how you would succeed in this position, a current resume, and three professional references with at least one immediate supervisor (preferably current). The application deadline is 3/29/2019. All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Facilities Event Scheduler/Office Supervisor" in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.