Under direction of the Facilities Events Scheduler/Office Supervisor this position is responsible for the set up and break down time for all scheduled events on the main campus of the school. This position will complete all set-up and break down of equipment for school events in a safe and timely manner (e.g. tables, chairs, staging, pipe, drape, etc.). This position is responsible for the night shift event set-ups and breakdowns and will work closely with the Facilities Events Scheduler/Office Supervisor and day time set up person to ensure the equipment will be arranged according to the needs associated with the event and the event specifications. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays if required. To accomplish various jobs associated with on and off campus events and activities, this position may work with internal groups or external vendors or groups.
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Will be responsible for the afternoon shift event set up’s.
- Must learn FS direct and check calendar daily
- Will work closely under the guidance of the Facilities Events Scheduler/Office Supervisor for events coordination only and all set up information.
- Take care of set up requirements of events for both day and afternoon shifts
- May be required to stand or walk for long periods of time along with standing, stooping, pulling, pushing carts, lifting should have full use of limbs.
- This position will also be required to possibly work weekends and holidays if required
- Do required PM’s as required.
- Assist in all aspects of property operations.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, administration and parents with regard to repairs, work orders and set-ups.
- Must use goggles, masks, gloves or other related protective equipment supplied to insure safe handling and use of chemicals and products when using or cleaning up spills.
- Dispose of trash and debris on campus.
- Operate machinery, hand tools and power tools.
- Must reply and respond to emails daily when working to keep communication open.
- Assist contractors with access to areas as needed.
- Assist with activities as needed.
- Assist LHPA or parents when needed.
- Load and unload supplies as necessary.
- Retrieve items off campus when needed.
- Move items around campus as needed.
- Open buildings and gates as needed.
- Observe and report maintenance problems to assistant manager.
- Pick up parts as needed (approval of manager/assistant manager required).
- Advise manager of any extra work so a work order can be produced.
- Physical effort required by the job includes standing, climbing stairs stooping, pulling, pushing carts, and lifting up to and move 70-85 lbs.
- This will be completely at the discretion of Lake Highland Preparatory school if we feel it is necessary to keep the quality of work and the work processes up to standards.
- This position will be under the immediate supervision of the Facilities Events Scheduler/Office Supervisor.
- Fill out work orders completely.
- Perform other duties and related tasks as assigned.
- May be required to work outside or inside.
- May be required to take calls during lunch times.
- Should have full use of eyes, being able to identify colors.
- May be required to stand or walk for long periods of time; should have full use of limbs.
- May be required to climb steps.
- May be required to work holidays, weekends, extended or alternate shifts
- Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work when called upon to do so.
- Must have ability to follow oral and/or written instructions in.
- Must hold valid Florida driver’s license. You must keep your record clean enough to be able to be accepted by our liability carrier to operate a company vehicle.
- Performs other related tasks as requested by the Facilities Services department or the Property Assistant Manager.
- Must have basic computer knowledge and skills with email, Microsoft outlook.
- Must hold a valid State of Florida Driver’s License
- Must be able to speak and write well enough to effectively communicate within the department and others without disruption of work flow.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter indicating how you would succeed in this position, a current resume, and three professional references with at least one immediate supervisor (preferably current). The application deadline is June 15th 2019 All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to email@example.com specifying "Facilities Events Set Up“ in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.