This employee manages the school’s Raiser’s Edge database for all constituencies of the school. This employee must be able to master moderately complex work methods, expertly use sophisticated database software, and be familiar with accounting principles. He/she should possess good judgment and decision-making skills, excellent organizational skills, and must maintain strict confidentiality. This employee must be able to communicate effectively with parents, co-workers, alumni, donors, trustees, and others verbally and in writing. This position requires knowledge of standard clerical practices and development functions, policies, and practices.
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Manages Raiser’s Edge database which supports all gift data for all constituencies of the school (current parents, grandparents, friends, alumni, alumni parents, companies, trusts and foundations).
- Receives and accounts for all cash gifts, gifts-in-kind, and gifts of stock and pledges in Raiser’s Edge. Deposits gifts into proper accounts.
- Records and tracks all pledges. Sends quarterly pledge statements or when needed.
- Inputs and records all employee gifts through payroll deduction.
- Prepares and mails gift acknowledgment letters for Vice President of Advancement and Director of Highlander Fund.
- Works closely with Accounting Department on deposits, reports, and projects.
- Adds new students and families to Raiser’s Edge database.
- Records student withdrawals in Raiser’s Edge.
- Generates financial reports, PowerPoints, and charts/graphs for the President, Vice President of Advancement, Director of Highlander Fund, and Accounting Department as requested.
- Regularly runs queries and reports to provide data and/or lists for meetings, correspondence, and other needs.
- Runs monthly query for Alumni Coordinator.
- Produces and maintains Procedural Manual for the Development function.
Additional Responsibilities as needed
- Assists with set-up and execution of events (President’s Dinner, Founders Circle, New Parent Party, etc.).
- Attends training necessary for job.
- Provides staff training in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provides counsel in efficient methods of data management as needed.
- May need to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- May need to work in a sitting position for long periods of time.
- May need to walk to other locations on campus; may need to climb steps.
- Must be able to work 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or longer daily, except when absence is allowed by school calendar or through Employee Benefits. Average work week is 40-42 hours.
- Will need to work occasional evening or weekend hours for special functions or to complete responsibilities.
- May need to travel on behalf of LHPS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type accurately at no less than 40 wpm.
- Advanced training and experience in word processing and various computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of development operations and best practices and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of business English, punctuation, grammar, spelling, arithmetic, standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to research and analyze data with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion.
- Ability to work well with others and assist visitors enthusiastically and courteously.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter indicating how you would succeed in this position, a current resume, and three professional references with at least one immediate supervisor (preferably current). All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Development Coordinator“ in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.