Early Registration ends Sunday, May 12th. All registrations received after this date will incur a $25/class late fee.
To withdraw from a class, please contact the Summer Spectacular office at 407-206-1900, Ext. 1176. Unless stated otherwise in the course description, a refund, minus a 20% processing charge, will be issued for each class withdrawal. If Lake Highland drops a class or if a student is not eligible for a class, a full refund will be made of all fees collected. No processing charge will be assessed for changing from one class to another.
Please contact the school if your child is absent. The school’s main phone number is 407-206-1900. Division extensions are as follows: Upper School, 3268; Middle School, 2000; Lower School, 1176; and Athletics, 1176. Fees are not refunded or prorated for absences.
Students enrolled in credit courses must follow the policies set by our accreditation associations. Absences cannot exceed ten (10) hours per semester
Extended Care, located in The Commons, the upper level of the Lower School Library is available for students enrolled in LHPS summer programs June 10th–July 19th. The morning session, 7:45–9:00, includes stories, coloring, and quiet games. The children are escorted to their morning classes. The afternoon session, 3:30–5:45, includes crafts, group games, and outside recreation. If your child is not picked up from his or her summer school class by the specified time, your child will automatically be admitted into our Extended Care program and a $22.00 drop-in fee will be charged to you. Children must be picked up from Extended Care no later than 5:45. There is a late charge of $1.00 per minute for every minute after 5:45 PM. School-year policies are followed during the summer months. If you are interested, please complete the extended care section of the registration form.
Student Union will meet on the Charles Clayton Campus June 10th–July 19th. Several options for these afternoon sessions are available, as there are two different dismissal times, 1:30 and 3:30. Students are to report to the Middle School Office at dismissal time. If your child is not picked up from his or her summer school class by the specified time, your child will automatically be admitted into Student Union and a $22.00 drop-in fee will be charged to you. Students will be transported to the Bradshaw Campus (main campus), via LHPS vans, at 3:30. Students will join Extended Care located in The Commons, the upper level of the Lower School Library. Students must be picked up no later than 5:45. There is a late charge of $1.00 per minute for every minute after 5:45 PM. School-year policies are followed during the summer months. If you are interested, please complete the Student Union section of the registration form.
Students are not required to wear the school year uniforms, but are asked to wear closed-toe or athletic shoes. Attire must be tasteful and appropriate for the classroom and campus.
LUNCHES AND SNACKS
Students enrolled in half-day sessions should bring a drink and snack each day. A short break is included during each class. At the conclusion of each morning class, these students will be escorted to their afternoon classes for lunch. Students enrolled in full day classes will eat with their teacher and classmates.
Students enrolled for full days may bring a lunch or enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the Tartan Cafe. Each day, several entrees, along with a selection of fresh salads, fruits, and dessert, will be available. Entrees will include chicken sandwiches or tenders, burgers, deli sandwiches, and pizza. Beverages are also included. If you would like a weekly meal plan for your child, select the appropriate box(es) on the registration form. Lunch plans will be billed to your Lake Highland account. Students will be able to select one entrée, one side, a beverage, and dessert each day during the week(s) enrolled.
Students are not to leave campus for lunch. They must be on campus until the conclusion of class each day.
General policies are as follows:
- Parents must remain in cars when in the carpool lanes. Teachers or coaches will assist students. Parking is not allowed in these lanes.
- Do not stop teachers after school for unscheduled conversations. Most teachers have an assigned traffic duty; it is vital they be in position on time for the safety of the students.
- Please discuss with your child the importance of good behavior while waiting to be picked up and the importance of listening for names to be called.
- Cell phone use by a driver in a vehicle on campus is absolutely forbidden for any reason at anytime. This is a vital safety issue and violators will be reported to Security and the Office of the President.
- Lower School students are to be dropped off and picked up at the Bradshaw Lower School building. Summer instructors will email additional information to each family stating specific location, front or back of the building.
- Middle School classes will be meeting on the Charles Clayton Campus. Drivers enter campus from Shine Street, Gate 2.
- Upper School students should park in LHAC lot.
- Students participating in Athletic Camps will be notified by coaches and instructed where to drop off and/or pick up, either in front of the Lower School Bradshaw Building or the Lake Highland Athletic Complex. Morning drop-off may differ from the afternoon pick-up point.
- You will be notified if a different drop-off or pick-up point is determined.
- The Lake Highland shuttle from the Bradshaw Campus (main campus) to the Clayton Middle School campus will be available for those attending summer classes.
- Construction on the Bradshaw (main) campus may alter traffic patterns. Please refer to the Summer Spectacular information page found at www.lhps.org - Summer Spectacular for updates.
Should a tropical storm or hurricane impact Central Florida, parents are reminded that Lake Highland follows Orange County Public School’s decision as to the closing of school. Lake Highland may reopen ahead of Orange County Schools. Parents may, visit Lake Highland’s website www.lhps.org
, or visit our back-up website at www.lhpsinfo.org
. for closing information.